Our goal at Indigo Mountain, is to help you achieve your goals, all year long weather it is in weight loss, improving your health, improving relationships, or just learning to relax and have more fun.
As is customary around the world as the New Year approaches, many people make New Year Resolutions. We'd like to help you make SMART Goals that are doable and worth your time and effort.
We kicked off our year on December 31st with: How to Make 2015 Different. If you have not check it out, do. It is the first place to start and will give you great food for thought with 3 steps. Read more about the article. These 3 steps can help you create smart goals.
- Identify what you want and get specific. What do you want your life to look like in 12 months?
- Have a deep emotional connection to what you want and get your subconscious mind on board.
- Live with intention. Be conscious with your words and actions. Use the power of the phrase "I am..." to create your life.
Click here to listen to this radio program.
Are you often overwhelmed with the huge amount of information about your health? Everyone has an opinion and a new twist. Join us for a conversation discussing simple, common sense information about health and wellness.
Following these 7 basics, you will feel better and have more energy. Smart goals should include improvement in 1 or more of these 7 areas.
When you are thinking about your goals, do they include better health? More time for relaxation? More energy? Losing weight? More time for the thing you enjoy?
The 7 Simple Steps is a good place to start. Many people make goals and improving their lives way to complicated and expensive. I have found when people follow the 7 Simple Steps, everything starts to change. You can make just 1 new goal in 1 area or 1 new goal in all 7. Whatever you do, you will experience a positive shift in your life. And best of all, we are here to help you. Click here for fort he radio show.
The Seven Simple Steps are:
- Water: Often overlooked as a key to improving all aspects of health from sleep to feeling happier. If you don't drink enough, even taking supplements can be a waste of effort. You are 80% water - water is life. We can help you find ways to learn to love water and get the right amount for your body. Adding a simple filter for your water can improve the taste and quality of your water.
- Food: Nourishing your body with the nutrients it needs fuels all areas of your life - both physical and mental. Skip the fad diets and eating plans and learn what your body needs. Over processed so called easy foods are responsible for eating up your wallet and energy. Eating healthy is not as complicated as many think. Without the right fuel, your body gets sick more often and is more tired. Fuel your life with healthy life giving nutrients with the right supplements and meals. Don't cheat on food and think taking vitamins will make up the difference.
- Rest: When you rest you restore. Your body was designed to rest. You can't escape that fact by using stimulants. When your body is rested, you think better and you function better in every area of your life.
- Exercise: It might seem crazy to think that spending energy exercising - gives your more energy. It really does. But you don't need to go crazy at the gym or running marathons. Remember 3 basics areas: cardio, strength, and stretching. Have fun while exercising. It is a key to a healthy body, mind, and mental state.
- Own Your Power: Learning to live in the present moment and understand that junk happens is a key to owning your power. Living your life with integrity and taking care of yourself are just some of the ways you can do this.
- Environment: Unfortunately we live in a world that is full of toxins. Learning to read labels on foods, filtering your water, and even filtering the air can improve the quality of your life. Eliminate toxic cleaning products and personal care products makes safer environment as well. We couldn't live without our Air Filter or Water filter. Mark has had breathing challenges due a asthma since childhood and the air filter makes a huge difference for him.
- Play: We are so busy both adults and kids that play often gets put on the back burner. Take time to play and enjoy life. It is essential for everyone
We have some great tools at Indigo Mountain to help you achieve your Wellness goals. Check out our services page to see how we can help you.
Are you like most people setting lofty goals and then forgetting about them 1 month later? We used to be like that, and then worse - not setting goals. We've got some tips to help you accomplish realistic and smart goals.
We opened our toy store and wellness center with a goal in mind, to help individuals and families life a more joy-filled passionate life with good health and vitality.
Getting organized and setting SMART Goals can help you improve the quality of your life. We have some steps to help you do that.
- The Color Code can help you identify your personality and how you work towards and accomplish goals. Kally and Mark are both expert trainers in the Color Code and help you understand your personality and motivation better. For example Reds are great goals setters and usually achieve their goals, but can be too driven. Blue are eager goal setters most of the time, but often set goals that are to high and hard to achieve. Whites are great dreamers, but may not get to setting goals or getting them done. Yellows have commitment issues when it comes to goals, but if they view the end goal as fun - they will take the time for it.
- Setting goals focuses your acquisition of knowledge. In a day and age where there is so much out there - we can be easily distracted by many things. Identify what you want and focus your efforts there.
- Identify a large scale goal, then break it down into doable pieces.
- In addition to health and wellness you may want to consider other areas to work on: career, financial, education, family, hobbies and art, attitude, pleasure, and public service.
- Write your goals down and share them with certain key people as needed for support and encouragement. But not all goals need to be publicized.
- Check in regularly with yourself and your goals and make adjustments as needed. I write my goals on my task list to remind me to work on them.
- Organize your goals with groups your involved with like your spouse and family. Working on common goals together makes them easier. You don't want conflicting goals.
- USE the SMART Goal guidelines.
- Specific - set specific goals.
- Measurable - be able to measure progress.
- Attainable - set goals you can and will be able to accomplish.
- Timely - give yourself time frames.
- Last, learn to visualize your goal. You should see yourself accomplishing the goal. Picture yourself at the finish line.
This was just a highlight of the great show. We even had Chandler, our 5th child come on the show and explain the SMART goal system. He has accomplished a lot in his life and has used goals to get more done from learning the guitar, teaching guitar lessons, and achieving high marks in school and earning his Eagle Scout rank at a young age. He learned the value of organizing his life with goals.
January 21 - Weight Loss Secrets and Tips
January 28 - A Look Inside a Red Personality
How is your year going so far? Do you have any tips to share on getting organized and accomplishing your goals?
Sign up for our newsletter (top of the page), follow us on Facebook or other platforms. Get the support and tips you need to help you accomplish your goals and live the life of your dreams.
Kally and Mark
Get Real! with Mark and Kally on Your True Colours Network Radio
Photo credits by Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net